Who gets the CTC ?


Questions and Answers

Question: My daughter is getting divorced and her ex-husband will pay child support. Will he get the Child Tax Credit?

Answer: It depends. Without a divorce decree, the parent who has custody of the child for most of the year is generally entitled to claim the Child Tax Credit. The child must also meet other requirements previously used to establish eligibility for dependency exemptions.[/vc_column_text][us_image image=”3497″][/vc_column][/vc_row]